Around 1800 Christian Dierig inherited a weaver workshop at the age of 20 – at the outbreak of World War II the Dierig family was already in possession of 21 textile mills in Lower Silesia and Germany, providing jobs for more than 15,000 people. Although they had an enormous fortune, the Dierig family were known in the region for concern and respect for their employees. After the war the Dierigs, called the “Cotton Kings”, were forced to leave Bielawa. The building was transformed into a kindergarten and nursery. For half a century, the nobility of the building fell into oblivion. Its splendor was overshadowed by pragmatic purposes. Later on the Dierig residence was left abandoned and empty.
In 1999 new owners took over the property. Long and tedious renovation work started. Slowly, the Palace began to return to its former glory. Marble staircases shone again, crystal chandeliers were hung from wooden ceilings, and dancing couples returned to the magnificent ballroom. Pałac Bielawa became a symbol of elegance and luxury once again.
The Dierigs built their power on the belief that nothing is more important than respect for the customer and meeting his expectations. Today Pałac Bielawa’s guest can see how many of these traditional values have survived to this day.
Welcome to Pałac Bielawa, where traditional and classic beauty meets modern hotel standards.
The new owners brought back to life not only the building itself, but also the values that the Dierig family cherished. Under the ceilings a German maxim was unveiled, which is now still pursued by the buildings’ new hosts: “He who crosses the threshold of this house, may forever consider himself its guest”.